Booking your hammock
- Arrive 10 min early
- Avoid slippery material clothing (cotton is best)
- Wear a fitted shirt with sleeves. Tank tops expose sensitive skin under the arms to rubbing which can leave marks on your skin and we are also a very clean studio that likes to keep our hammocks clean. Once you get used to moving with the fabric and you can keep it away from your under arms (as a beginner this is tough to do) then you are welcome to wear a tank top.
- Remove all jewelry that may get caught on or snag the hammock. Especially rings!
- Avoid eating an hour before class please...!
- Yoga mat optional but really not necessary. Our floors are soft.
- Bring water!
- Beginners please be mindful of the class level and your experience. Faster paced + advanced classes are not slowed for beginners.
Precautions and Requirements
Our staff has expert training to guide you through the class and can make recommendations and suggestions for you to reach health goals, but we are not physicians. Your concerns on health related issues, medications and appropriateness of exercise should be thoroughly discussed with your personal health care provider before partaking in Flight™ Flow or any of the other yoga classes we offer. We recommend consulting your medical professional before beginning any new exercise form to see if it is appropriate for you.
Your first few classes may be a little uncomfortable at times as your body adjusts to the pressure of the hammock. This also tells you that you are releasing tension and tightness as that is normally what causes the discomfort.
We use Pike13 as our reservation system to book classes, so you’ll need to create a Pike13 account. Because many classes do sell out, we suggest you pre-reserve your class in advance!
After you’ve created your online profile and purchased your class package, you can secure your spot on a web browser or on the app.
please note: if you late-cancel within 12 hours of your class, you will lose your credit or incur a fee.
Classes for beginners
We recommend starting with the Express Flight | Beginner Workshop to get a good handle on how to use the hammock. Jumping into more intense classes at the beginning can sometimes be like drinking from a fire hose. Sounds like a great way to hydrate quickly but doesn't always feel best!
Beginner classes in order of difficulty are
Urban Zen Flight
(Morning) Flight Flow - (this is an all levels class and can be a bit fast paced for new comers)
Who should not do Flight Yoga?
Easily onset Motion Sickness (this is a common one!)
Recent surgery (esp. shoulder, eyes, back, hips, hands or wrist)
Very high or low blood pressure
Easy onset vertigo
Osteoporosis / bone weakness
Recent head injury
Propensity for Fainting
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Sinusitis or head cold (this is really uncomfortable when you are inverted)
Disc herniation or acute discogenic disease
Radiculitis (inflammation of nerve root in spine)
Severe muscle spasms
Botox (within 6 hours, hanging upside down will give you more lift than you are looking for!)
* Notify instructor before class if you have any contraindications so they can help you modify your practice.